Concept of layering: OSI and TCP/IP Protocol Stacks; Basics of packet, circuit and virtual circuit-switching: Data link layer: framing, error detection, Medium Access Control, Ethernet bridging; Routing protocols: shortest path, flooding, distance vector and link state routing: Fragmentation and IP addressing, IPv4, CIDR notation, Basics of IP support protocols (ARP, DHCP, ICMP), Network Access Translation (NAT); Transport layer: flow control and congestion control, UDP, TCP, sockets; Application layer protocols: DNS, SMTP, HTTP, FTP, Email.
Detailed Syllabus covered in Notes
IP address Subnetting Supernetting, Flow Control methods, Error Control Methods, ISO-OSI Stack, LAN Technology, Switching, Internet Protocol, Fragmentation, Protocols and Concepts at Network Layer, ICMP, distance vector routing, link state routing, Routers, Gateway, Firewall, Application layer, DNS, HTTP, FTP, SMTP and POP.
- Engineering Maths – Click Here
- Digital Logic (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Programming and DS (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Computer Organization and Arch. (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Algorithms (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Theory of Computation (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Compiler Design (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Operating System (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- DBMS (PDF Notes) – Click Here