Engineering Drawing and Graphics
Below is the syllabus for Engineering Drawing and Graphics:-
Introduction, Projection of Points: Introduction to Engineering Equipments, Elements of Engineering Drawing, Types of Lines, Various types of projections, First and third angle systems of orthographical projections, Projections of points in different quadrants.
Projection of straight lines: parallel to one or both reference planes, contained by one or both planes, perpendicular to one of the planes, inclined to one plane but parallel to the other plane, inclined to both the planes, the true length of a line, and its inclinations with reference planes, traces of a line.
Projection of planes: Introduction, types of planes, Projection of planes by change of position method only, projection of the plane perpendicular to a plane, with axis parallel to both planes, with axis parallel to one plane and inclined to the other plane.
Projection of solids: Types of solids, Projections of Polyhedra Solids and Solids of Revolution – in simple position with axis perpendicular to plane, with axis parallel to both planes, with axis parallel to one plane and inclined to the other.
Section of Solids: Introduction – section planes – apparent section – true section – sectional view – need for sectional view – cutting plane – cutting plane line.
A sectional view of simple solids such as Prism, Cylinder, Pyramids, and Cones in simple positions section plane perpendicular to one plane and parallel to the other, section plane perpendicular to one plane and inclined to the other.
Development of Surfaces: Development of surface of various simple solids in simple positions such as cubes, cylinders, prism, pyramids, etc.
Orthographic views (First Angle Projection Only): Three orthographic views of solids, Orthographic Views of Nuts & Bolts.
AUTOCAD basics: Cartesian and Polar Co-ordinate system, Absolute and Relative Co-ordinate systems. Basic Commands: Line, Point, Rectangle, Polygon, Circle, Arc, Ellipse, Polyline
Basic Editing Commands: Basic Object Selection Methods, Window and Crossing Window Erase Move, Copy, Offset, Fillet, Chamfer, Trim, Extend, Mirror Display Commands: Zoom, Pan, Redraw, and Regenerate Simple dimensioning and text, simple exercises.
- T. Jeyapoovan, Engineering Graphics using AUTOCAD 2000, Vikas Publishing House.
- Basudeb Bhattacharyya, Machine Drawing, Oxford University Press, New Delhi
- Amar Pathak, Engineering Drawing, Dreamtech Press, New Delhi
- N. D. Bhatt and V. M. Panchal, Engineering Drawing: Plane and Solid Geometry, Charotar Publishing House.
- Thomas E. French, Charles J. Vierck, Robert J. Foster, Engineering Drawing and Graphic Technology, McGraw Hill International Edition.
- P. S. Gill, Engineering Graphics and Drafting: Millennium Edition, S. K. Kataria and Sons.
- A Primer on Computer-aided Engineering Drawing-2006, published by VTU, Belgaum.
Below is the link to download Engineering Drawing and Graphics notes.