Database Management System
Below is the syllabus for Database Management Systems:-
Introduction: Concept & Overview of DBMS, Data Models, Database Languages, Database Administrator, Database Users, Three Schema architecture of DBMS.
Entity-Relationship Model: Basic concepts, Design Issues, Mapping Constraints, Keys, Entity-Relationship Diagram, Weak Entity Sets, Extended E-R features.
The Relational Data Model & Algebra
Relational Model: Structure of Relational Databases, Relational Algebra, Relational Calculus, introduction to Views, updates on views
SQL and Integrity Constraints: Concept of DDL, DML, DCL. Basic Structure, Set operations, Aggregate Functions, Null Values, Domain Constraints, Referential Integrity Constraints, assertions, views, Nested Subqueries, Database security application development using SQL, Stored procedures and triggers.
Relational Database Design:
Functional Dependency, Different anomalies in designing a Database., Normalization using functional dependencies, Decomposition, Boyce-Codd Normal Form, 3NF, Normalization using multi-valued dependencies, 4NF, 5NF
Internals of RDBMS:
Physical data structures, Query optimization: join algorithm, statistics, and cost base optimization. Transaction processing, Concurrency control, and Recovery Management: transaction model properties, state serializability, lock base protocols, two-phase locking.
Failure Recovery and Concurrency Control
Issues and Models for Resilient Operation -Undo/Redo Logging-Protecting against Media Failures. Concurrency Control: Serial and Serializable Schedules-Conflict Serializability –Enforcing Serializability by Locks-Locking Systems with Several Lock Modes-Concurrency Control by Timestamps, validation.
Transaction Management: Serializability and Recoverability-View, Serializability-Resolving Deadlocks- Distributed Databases: Commit and Lock
- Ramez Elmasri, Shamkant B. Navathe,” Fundamentals of Database Systems”, Pearson
- Korth, Silberschatz, Sudarshan: database concepts, MGH,
- R. Ramakrishnan and J. Gehrke database management system; MGH, International edition, 2 C. J. Date, database systems: 7th edition, Addison Wesley, Pearson Education,
- Chakrabarti, Advance database management systems, Wiley Dreamtech
Below is the link to download Database Management Systems notes.
- Fundamentals of Management (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Discrete Structures (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Data Structures (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Digital Electronics (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Programming Language (PDF Notes) – Click Here