Introduction to Computer Programming
Below is the syllabus for Introduction to Computer Programming:-
Overview of Computers: Block diagram and its description, Number systems, Arithmetic of number systems, Computer Hardware: Printers, Keyboard and Mouse, Storage Devices.
Introduction to programming language: Different levels of PL: High Level language, Assembly language, Machine language; Introduction to Compiler, Interpreter, Debugger, Linker, Loader, Assembler.Problem Analysis: Problem solving techniques, Algorithms and Flowchart representation.
Overview of C: Elements of C, Data types; Storage classes in C; Operators: Arithmetic, relational, logical, bitwise, unary, assignment and conditional operators, precedence & associativity of operators.Input/Output: Unformatted & formatted I/O functions in C.Control statements: if statements, switch statements; Repetition: for, while, and do-while loop; break, continue, goto statements.
Arrays: Definition, types, initialization, processing an array, String handling.Functions: Definition, prototype, parameters passing techniques, recursion, built-in functions, passing arrays to functions, returning arrays from functions.
Pointers: Declaration, operations on pointers, pointers and arrays, dynamic memory allocation, pointers and functions, pointers and strings.Structures & Unions: Definition, processing, Structure and pointers, passing structures to functions, use of unions.Data files: Opening and closing a file, I/O operations on files.
- Pradip Dey and Manas Ghose, Computer Fundamental and Programming in C, Oxford Pub.
- Vikas Gupta, Computer Concepts and C Programming, Dreamtech.
- Forouzan Behrouz, Computer Science: A Structured Programming Approach Using C, Cengage Learning.
- Brian W. Kernighan Dennis Ritchie, C Programming Language, Pearson
- Yashwant Kanetker, Let us C, BPB Publications.
- A K Sharma, Fundamentals of Computers & Programming, Dhanpat Rai Publications
- Kashi Nath Dey, Samir Bandyopadhyay, C Programming Essentials, Pearson.
- Rajaraman V., Computer Basic and C Programming, Prentice Hall of India Learning.
Below is the link to download Introduction to Computer Programming notes.
- Applied Physics – II (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Applied Maths – II (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Basics of Elect. Engg. (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Manufacturing Technology (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Fund. of Biotechnology (PDF Notes) – Click Here