Below is the syllabus for Digital Electronics:-
MINIMIZATION TECHNIQUES AND LOGIC GATES
Minimization Techniques: Boolean postulates and laws – De-Morgan’s Theorem, Principle of Duality, Boolean expression – Minimization of Boolean expressions, Minterm, Maxterm, Sum of Products (SOP), Product of Sums (POS), Karnaugh map Minimization – Don’t care conditions, Quine – McCluskey method of minimization. Logic Gates: AND, OR, NOT, NAND, NOR, Exclusive-OR, and Exclusive-NOR- Implementations of Logic Functions using gates, NAND-NOR implementations – Multi-level gate implementations- Multi output gate implementations. TTL and CMOS Logic and their characteristics, Tristate gates.
Design procedure – Half adder, Full Adder, Half subtractor, Full subtractor, Parallel binary adder, parallel binary Subtractor, Fast Adder, Carry Look Ahead adder, Serial Adder/Subtractor, BCD adder, Binary Multiplier, Binary Divider, Multiplexer/ De-multiplexer, decoder, encoder, parity checker, parity generators, code converters, Magnitude Comparator.
Latches, Flip-flops – SR, JK, D, T, and Master-Slave – Characteristic table and equation, Application table, Edge triggering, Level Triggering, Realization of one flip-flop using other flip-flops, serial adder/subtractor, Asynchronous Ripple or serial counter, Asynchronous Up/Down Counter, Synchronous counters, Synchronous Up/Down counters, Programmable counters, Design of Synchronous counters: state diagram, State table, State minimization, State assignment, Excitation table and maps-Circuit implementation, Modulo-n counter, 555 Timer, Registers – shift registers, Universal shift registers, Shift register counters, Ring counter, Shift counters, Sequence generators.
Classification of memories – ROM: ROM organization, PROM, EPROM, EEPROM, EAPROM, RAM: – RAM organization – Write operation, Read operation, Memory cycle, Timing waveforms, Memory decoding, memory expansion, Static RAM Cell, Bipolar RAM cell, MOSFET RAM cell structure, Dynamic RAM cell structure, Programmable Logic Devices – Programmable Logic Array (PLA), Programmable Array Logic (PAL), Implementation of PLA, PAL using ROM. Introduction to Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGA).
- Donald Leach and Albert Paul Malvino, Digital Principles and Applications, 8th Edition, TMH, 2003.M.
- Morris Mano, Digital Design, 3rd Edition, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 2003 / Pearson Education (Singapore) Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi,
- K. Maini, Digital Electronics, Wiley India
- John Wakerly, Digital Design, Fourth Edition, Pearson/PHI, 2006
- M Yarbrough, Digital Logic Applications and Design, Thomson Learning, 2002.
- Salivahanan and S. Arivazhagan, Digital Circuits and Design, 3rd Edition., Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, 2006
- William H. Gothmann, Digital Electronics, 2nd Edition, PHI,
- Thomas L. Floyd, Digital Fundamentals, 8th Edition, Pearson Education Inc, New Delhi, 2003
- Donald D. Givone, Digital Principles, and Design, TMH,
Below is the link to download Digital Electronics notes.
- Fundamentals of Management (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Discrete Structures (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Data Structures (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- DBMS (PDF Notes) – Click Here
- Programming Language (PDF Notes) – Click Here